There are many opportunities to join in a prayer group, Bible Study or book group. We also offer special book studies during Lent and Advent. Watch the church calendar and church newsletter for updates.
- Women's Bible Study, Mondays 9:15-10:30am @ Lee's Cafe
- Men's Breakfast/Bible Study, Wednesdays 7:00-8:30am @ Marlin's Cafe
- Lectionary Study, Thursdays 12:00-1:30pm in Room B @ GSUMC
- Women's Bible Study, Fridays 6:30-8:00am @ Oboe Cafe
- Christian Book Study, Sundays 9:15-10:15am in Room B @ GSUMC
- Adult Bible Study, Sundays 9:15-10:15am in the GSUMC Library
The chancel choirs sings each Sunday at the 10:30 a.m. worship service during the school year.
Choir practice is on Sunday mornings from 9:00-10:00am (with an optional"work" session on Wednesday nights from 7:00-8:00pm) under the direction of Clara Johnson. No auditions required. If you like to sing, you are invited to come any Sunday morning and try us out.
During the summer, the choir takes a break, but watch the church calendar for opportunities to sing with "Today's Choir", a pick up choir that practices on specified Sunday mornings before church.
Handbells/Garden St. Ringers
Garden Street has almost four complete octaves of handbells. We are always in search of new ringers. If you have never rung bells but want to learn we are willing to teach! Handbell practice begins each fall and meets every Thursday night from 6-6:45pm. The Ringers are directed by Dr. Carla Rutschman. The bells play for church at the 10:30 worship about every six weeks. If you want to try your hand at ringing, just come some Thursday night.